In Canada, Botox is the most heavily searched cosmetic procedure. It’s becoming more popular as people realize just how simple the process is and how amazing the results can be.
We completely understand why the world has fallen in love with Botox. Not only is it incredibly effective at reducing the appearance of creases and wrinkles, but it’s also relatively painless. Botox appointments typically last around 20 minutes, and you can resume your day right after the procedure.
Dermatouch is proud to be a provider of affordable Botox injections. We love to help our clients feel their best in their skin. If you’re curious about Botox in Richmond Hill, don’t hesitate to contact us to book a free consultation.
What Is FDA-Approved Botox?
Botox is the abbreviated term for botulinum toxin. When injected in the face, Botox can prevent muscles from tightening and creating creases. Instead, the muscle relaxes, creating a smooth appearance. Botox is able to do this by temporarily preventing specific nerves.
This procedure was invented in 1989, and since then, it has helped millions to avoid unwanted signs of aging. But Botox isn’t only effective against wrinkles. It can provide relief to people who suffer from migraines, and reduce the amount of sweat we produce from our hands and underarms.
Is There a Difference Between Botox and Fillers?
Botox and fillers are similar in that they are both injectables that can help to diminish signs of wrinkles and aging. But, the way they do this is fundamentally different. FDA-approved Botox prevents the muscle from contracting and pulling on the skin.
Meanwhile, fillers’ fill in’ wrinkles by adding volume. Fillers can also add volume to the cheeks or lips and even reduce dark circles under the eye.
The results from fillers typically last 6 months to 2 years, depending on the location of the filler and the type of filler used. Although botox results don’t last as long, botox is often the more affordable option between the two injectables.
Both filler and botox are excellent options for temporary cosmetic procedures. Still, the one you should choose depends on your desired results and the concerns you want to address. Affordable botox injections are the best choice for dynamic wrinkles. These are the wrinkles that form as the muscles move. Crow’s feet, frown lines, and brow lines are all quickly addressed by botox. If you want to address static wrinkles – wrinkles that aren’t caused by muscle movement – fillers are the better choice.
Patients that are looking for a discrete cosmetic procedure with no downtime may prefer Botox to address their dynamic wrinkles.
Who Should Use Botox?
If you’re interested in preventing wrinkles, smoothing your skin, or in any of the other numerous benefits of FDA-approved Botox, give us a call today.
Everybody is different, and the easiest way to know if Botox is a good choice for you is to speak with a professional.
In order to receive Botox in Richmond Hill, a patient must be at least 18 years old. Botox is not recommended for patients that are pregnant or breastfeeding or have preexisting conditions that may affect their muscles or nerves.
While considering if Botox is right for you, it’s essential to understand that it has limits. Unlike fillers, botox will not add volume to your face or change the appearance of your facial structure.
How Long Does Botox Last?
The effects of Botox are not permanent. Most people experience results that last for 3-6 months, but the results may last longer between injections. This makes Botox an affordable choice for a temporary cosmetic procedure that can help reduce future aging.
How Many Units of Botox Do You Need?
When researching Botox in Richmond Hill, you’d probably like to know how many injections you’re going to need. There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to aesthetic procedures.
The number of units of Botox you’ll require depends on which areas of the face are being targeted. Your face and body are a map of muscles, and certain muscles, like the one between your eyebrows, are far stronger than others. This is why we tailor the number of Botox injections we administer depending on the injection site.
Recommended Botox Units for Different Muscles
The most common injection sites that we cater to and the estimated number of units needed to achieve desirable results are:
- Forehead Lines: The horizontal lines on the forehead that appear when we raise our eyebrows. It takes 6 to 15 units of Botox to address this region.
- Between the Eyes: The wrinkles that form between our eyes and cover our nose appear when we smile or scrunch our noses, and they require 12 to 20 units of Botox.
- Frown Lines: The deep creases that form between the eyebrows when we furrow our brow or frown. It typically takes 25 to 35 units to smooth these wrinkles. Crow’s Feet – 6 to 15 units per side
- Fine Lip Lines: The fine lines around the lips that are caused by eating, drinking, smiling, pursuing our lips, and more. It takes 4 to 5 units per side to smooth these lines.
- TMJ Relief: Botox can relieve a patient’s TMJ pain while increasing the range of movement of their mouth. Effective relief typically requires 5 to 10 units of Botox per side.
- Face Slimming: When injected into the Masseter muscles, these muscles shrink over time from lack of use, which creates a facial slimming effect. This takes 5 to 10 units per side.
- Chin Dimple Release: Botox injected into the chin can prevent the muscle underneath from contracting, reducing the appearance of chin dimples. This procedure requires 2 to 5 units.
- Brow Lift: Botox is strategically injected around the eye to relax the muscles that pull down the eyebrow’s arch. This allows the arch and tip of the eyebrow to rise and relax, creating a non-surgical brow lift effect. An Botox brow lift takes 5 units per side.
- Hyperhidrosis Underarm: Botox injections block nerves from signaling to sweat glands to produce sweat. It takes 50 units of Botox per underarm to address excessive sweating.
- Hyperhidrosis Hand: Like the underarm, Botox injections can prevent nerves from communicating to sweat glands, decreasing the amount of sweat your hands produce. This procedure requires 50 units per palm.
These are only estimates for the number of units you’ll need. When you book with us, we consider your unique face and facial muscles, your goals, and a host of other factors.
When Will You See the Results of Botox?
It can take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to begin seeing the results of Botox injections. Your full results will be visible approximately two weeks after your appointment, and they’ll last for up to 6 months.
How Often Do You Need to Receive Botox Injections?
When you set up a Botox appointment with Dermatouch, we’ll discuss a plan that fits your needs, goals, and lifestyle. Botox is different for everyone. If you want to maintain the appearance achieved through your Botox injections, you’ll benefit from receiving new Botox injections every 4-5 months.
The results from Botox injections can last from 4-6 months, depending on how long you’ve been receiving Botox and the location of the injection site. It’s important to schedule a follow-up appointment within this window of time, so your results are seamless.
How Much Is the Cost of Botox in Richmond Hill?
The total cost of a Botox appointment can range anywhere from $200 up to $600 depending on the number of units used and the area. Some Botox clinics offer flat rates for Botox injections, but most charge per unit. At Dermatouch, each unit of Botox can range from $9 to $12.
The hands and underarms require a far more significant number of units than facial regions like the forehead or around the mouth, so the total price for an appointment would be more costly.
Book Your Consultation Today!
Botox is a quick, comfortable, and cost-effective way of preventing signs of aging without harming your skin or permanently altering your face. Appointments are typically only 10-30 minutes, and most patients leave without discomfort or visible signs of the injection. You don’t have to wait long for the results, and you don’t have to worry about long periods of recovery or downtime after the procedure.
Botox can smooth your deepest wrinkles, help to alleviate excessive sweating, and even reduce the pain associated with migraines. If you’re curious about receiving affordable botox injections in Richmond Hill, contact us to book a free consultation today!